Saturday, February 28, 2009

Living in your car..........

This sounds funny.....

We live in a marina and during the winter months
we always keep a fueled vehicle with working heat
and a radio on the property.

It has been a wise thing to do in the past.
Floods during winter temps, power outages and
high winds have left us sleeping in the car.

If you are a big guy like me I only have one word for
you CADILLAC.

So let me tell you this.

In 10 minutes during an ice storm in the middle of winter.
I can turn my wife's caddy into a warm safe place,
complete with 110 power, TV, Computer, food, heat,
blankets and tools. I can move this shelter to any place that
is advantageous to the situation at hand.

"Do you have a plan like this????"


Next week on this F#$%#$* Old House. We will explain how
to survive subzero temps outdoors.
A small tent city and a fire barrel in the winter is a real way to
find out what people are made of.

"Most of them will surprise you in a good way"

No comments:

Post a Comment